What this means to you!
From May 25th the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect, replacing the existing Data Protection Acts. It introduces substantial changes to data protection law and the responsiblities associated with processing Personal Data.
What are we doing
- Ensuring enterprise class technical security around all our IT systems
- Ongoing staff training and awareness campaign
- Auditing all the personal data we process and ensuring we have a legal basis for processing it
- Updating our Privacy Data Retention policy
- Updating our Privacy Notice(s)
- Updating our agreements with 3rd party Data Processors
- Updating our Subject Access Request policy and procedure
- Updating our Breach Management policy and procedure
The next step for you
Login to YourLIA to ensure your personal details are accurate and up to date before May 25th (click 'Update Your Profile' from your dashboard). If they are not, you will be able to make any neccesary amendments to your profile details yourself by simply typing over what's there and clicking 'submit' at the bottom of the page.
The next step for us
We will be rolling out our updated policies and notices in the coming weeks.